White Pine Council Bring-a-Friend Challenge
The Power of One More - 2016
2016 will be a year full of adventures that we all want to share. Sharing is one of the reasons that Bring-a-Friend events are held. We now have the opportunity to share the beginning of the Canadian Path and with that we are sending out a challenge to White Pine Scouters - The Power of One More challenge.
Starting in January and ending in March 2016, we are challenging you to recruit one new member in every section, one new member in every Group, and one new member in every Area for one Scouts Canada. We want you to hold a Bring-a-Friend event and increase your membership by the “Power of One More”. This includes Scouters wanting to bring-a-friend.
The Group that registers the most youth and Scouters for the remainder of the year by holding a Bring A Friend event, between January 1 and March 31, 2016, can enter into a draw to win one of the following;
- FREE 1 weekend cabin at Camp Samac Oshawa
- FREE 1 weekend campsite at Camp Samac Oshawa
- FREE 1 day trip to Camp Samac Oshawa with Campfire usage
- FREE Algonquinte donating 2 weekends at Camp Saganaska, Thomasburg
- FREE Kawartha Waterways donating 2 weekends at a KWA camp of your choice
- FREE Lakeshore Ridge donating 1 weekend with the chalet at Cobourg Scout Reserve
Just add food and transportation for an outdoor adventure!
How to Enter
To qualify to win, there are two steps we need you to complete;
- Before the event
- After the event
- Fill out the balance of the Power Of One More Bring-A-Friend Challenge form.
- We want to know the details of the attendance at your event and how many people registered to become members.
- We also would like any pictures you may have.
- If you already hosted your event, you still need to fill out this out to enter the draw.
- You must complete both parts of the form by 6:00 p.m., March 31, 2016.
- Pictures will get you additional points.
- Winners will be based on the number of youth and volunteers registered from hosting bring-a-friend events.
- If you have already hosted an event, from January 1, 2016, you can still enter your event.
- You may enter one form for each Section that participates.
How to Host a Bring-A-Friend Event
There are lots of resources to assist you and your Group to host Bring-A-Friend events and other way to grow. Check out the Jump Start To Growth resources found at www.scouts.ca/js2g/bring-a-friend.html.
You can also download and print the PDF Guide with everything you need.
If you have any questions, or would like more information, please contact Scouter Debby Corneal, White Pine Council by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-985-7687.