JUST PLANTING TREES?
Groups who are conducting Scoutrees programs as a community service, without the fundraising portion, can purchase Scoutrees crests for $1.00 per crest. Crests will be available in late April.
Please contact Jen at email@example.com or call 416-490-6364 ext. 246 for more information.
PLANNING YOUR SCOUTREES EVENT
To ensure you have a successful Scoutrees fundraiser and tree planting event, it’s important to plan ahead of time. We have provided you with some helpful Step-by-Step suggestions.
- STEP 1 – Register for Scoutrees
- Once you’ve decided that your Scout group is going to participate, please contact Victor Woodburne at firstname.lastname@example.org to register in the Scoutrees fundraiser and order fundraising kits and crests.
Choose the planting location of your choice and register with the organization as described.
- STEP 3 - Plan your fundraising efforts
- In the fundraising kit, each participant will have a pledge form to collect pledges from family, friends or co-workers.
- Canvass your local community by going door-to-door or run a community booth.
- Donations of $20.00 or more can receive a charitable tax receipt.
- If you are interested in doing a booth or setting up a table at a local event or store, you can book Scouts Canada banners, tents, popcorn machines and marketing material from the local Scout office. Please email Shana at email@example.com for more information.
- Choose the planting location of your choice and register with the organization as described.
- STEP 4 – Completing the Scoutrees Fundraising Report
- Once you are done all your fundraising, Scout Groups are asked to send in a report along with a cheque for the 15% to go to the Canadian Scouting Brotherhood Fund. This report should also contain details for any requests for tax receipts.
- STEP 5 - Share Stories, Pictures Etc.
- Please be sure to send us your stories or pictures from your fundraising events and tree planting event. Please forward to Shana at firstname.lastname@example.org